It’s a little warmer today than yesterday, but yes still cold. At least there are tons of things going on not just with this haunting season, but things to get the kids minds working this weekend. Check out some of the events below:
- Fall Harvest Festival is alive at Waterman’s Family Farm. Complete with a pumpkin patch, cornfield maze, bounce house and much more. Its open daily from 9a-7pm off of East Raymond St. in Indy. See their website at http://www.watermansfamilyfarm.com/fallharvestfestival.html
- The 64th Annual High School Day is her at UofI off of Hanna Ave. Get a tour of the campus and get more information on admissions plus lunch and more. The event is open for high school students and their families. For more information visit http://www.uindy.edu/admissions/special-visit-days
- Time Warp is back at The Childrens Museum as the oldest operating haunted house in the nation. Get the kids out for lights on or lights off going on now until Oct. 31st. See http://www.childrensmuseum.org/hauntedhouse for more information
- Winnie the Pooh is here at Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre with a one hour show. No intermission and the show runs now until Nov. 9th, but check their website for show times at http://www.beefandboards.com/
- Visit the Corn Maze at Beasley’s Orchard in Danville and check out the Beasley’s Corndog. Group discounts are available and its going on until Oct. 27th. See http://www.beasleys-orchard.com/ for more information.
- Waterman’s Family Farm is open in Greenwood with hayrides, mini train rides, pedal cars, scarecrows and much more now until Nov.2nd. Its open daily and for more information see their website at http://www.watermansfamilyfarm.com/fallharvestfestival.html
- The Irvington Halloween Festival Street Fair is today kicking off at 10am off of Washington and Audubon Rd. LIve entertainment, food, costume parade and much more until 5pm. See http://www.irvingtonhalloween.com/events/
- Its a Pumpkin Harvest Festival at Stonycreek Farm in Hamilton County. Come for the haunted house, the pumpkin train, straw maze and more. It runs daily from 10a-5pm and you can take a ride on the zipline; see http://www.stonycreekfarm.net/
- The 3rd Annual “Thrill the World” Charity Event is today at the Hannah House with a dance event to “Thriller”. It’s all sponsored by the Wild Heart Assoc. against domestic violence. Open to all ages even zombies :) Starts at 11am and runs until 4pm. For tix information see http://www.wildheartassociation.com/
- The Inaugural Joyful Fall Festival is here in Hendricks County at Joyful Manna Baptist Fellowship from 11a-3pm. Have food, listen to music, there’s ony rides, bounce house and much more….plus its FREE!! See http://www.joyfulmanna.org/
- Story Time starts at 11am at Barnes and Nobles inside Stony Creek Marketplace in Noblesville. Have the kids come dressed up in costume and not only listen to a few stories but trick or treating is through out the store and more. See http://www.bn.com/
- Dia de Los Muertos Celebration at MLJ Adoptions is today. Learn more about the ancient holiday with crafts, the Latin Expressions Dance company, and more from 2-5pm today at MLJ Adoptions. For information see http://mljadoptions.com/CalendarEvent.aspx?ID=1273
- Halloween ZooBoo is back at the Indianapolis Zoo to provide a safe, family experience with everyone’s favorite animal creatures. Plus tons of activities for kids of all ages. Admission is include with admission to the zoo; see http://www.indyzoo.com/SitePages/SpecialEvents/ZooBoo.aspx
- The 3rd Annual PAWS Howl-o-Ween Party is back at Piney Acres Farm in Fortville with a trick or treat trail for kids and K9’s. Complete with a costume contest at 6pm. For times see http://www.pawshancock.org/
- Roller Derby at Ellenberger Park is in action today. Green vs Black is a co-ed bout and part of the Irvington Halloween Festival. Kids under 7 are free and $10 for everyone else. For more information see http://www.irvingtonhalloween.com/events/
- Visit the Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park in the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Have fun on the haunted hayride, scary-o-ke, a puppet show and much more. Times vary so see their website for more information at http://bit.ly/10nbr5X
- Your Indiana Ice play tonight at the Pan Am Pavillion as they take on the Dubuque Fighting Saints at 7pm. For tix information see http://www.indianaice.com/
- Whoopi Goldberg is in town tonight at Clowes Memorial Hall. Tix start at $50. For more info see http://www.cloweshall.org/
- Help out Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation with the JDRF YLC Spootacular at Flat 12 Bierwerks. Dress in costume for drinks, food and lots of dancing for a good cause. Click on http://jdrf-indiana.ejoinme.org/?tabid=485275 for more information.
Keep warm this weekend and be safe.
Special thanks to Aroundindy.com