It’s such a beautiful day already to day in Indy. Kids are out of school and its time to keep them busy and this weekend should help out with that. Check out some of the events going on this weekend below:
- Yard Sale at St. Bernadette Catholic Church in Indianapolis.
A two-day yard sale in conjunction with the church’s annual parish festival. June 14-15: 8 AM to 8 PM each day. Info: See Web site below or call 317-356-5867. http://www.stb-indy.org/
- Broad Ripple Farmers Market Open in Indianapolis.
Over 50 vendors offer a wide variety of items in the parking lot behind the school every Saturday, May 4 to mid-November, 8 AM to 12 PM. Info: See Web site below or call 317-251-2782. http://www.broadripplefarmersmarket.org/
- IU Health Walking Club at Broad Ripple Park.
A free weekly walking group led by fitness experts that includes motivational programs and health screenings. Every Sat at 9 AM, June 8 to Sept 21. Info: See Web site below or call 317-962-6102 http://www.iuhealth.org/
- 2nd Annual Indiana Latino Expo at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
In the West Pavilion, 9:30 AM to 5 PM. Doors open at 8 AM. Dance and DJ contest 4-6 pm. Free admission. Info: See Web site below or call 317-927-7500 http://www.indianalatinoexpo.org/
- WFYI ‘PBS Kids in the Park’ at Military Park.
A one-of-a-kind, free family festival with an all-star entertainment lineup on three stages, activity booths, bounce houses, favorite PBS KIDS characters, food court and more. 10 AM to 4 PM. Info: 317-636-2020. http://www.wfyi.org/
- ‘Raising the Hem: Historic Fashions of American Nobility’ Exhibit.
Explore the culture and lifestyle of former First Ladies of the United States through this 10-month exhibit, Feb. 19 to Dec. 31: Mon-Sat, 10 AM to 3:30 PM. $10 ($8 seniors, $5 students). Info: See Web site below or call 317-631-1888. http://www.bhpsite.org/
- Indiana Medical History Museum Open in Indianapolis.
The museum maintains a collection of scientific artifacts from the 19th and 20th centuries in a completely authentic setting. Guided tours Thu-Sat, 10 AM to 4 PM (last tour at 3 PM), plus Wed by appointment only. Info: 317-635-7529. http://www.imhm.org/
- Monument Circle Walking Tour in Downtown Indianapolis.
A free guided tour led by volunteers from the Indiana Landmarks Center. Tour depart from the South Bend Chocolate Company on the circle, May 3 to Oct. 26: Fri/Sat, 10-11 AM. Info: See Web site below or call 317-636-5409. http://www.indianalandmarks.org/
- Free Pet Microchipping at Ameriana Bank in Westfield.
First 50 free, then $6.50, in cooperation with the Humane Society for Hamilton County, also features pets available for adoption, giveaways, and a variety of pet service vendors. 10 AM to 1 PM. Info: See Web site below or call 317-867-7740. http://www.facebook.com/events/597873946900628/
- 5th Annual Strawberry Festival and BBQ at Lawrence United Methodist Church.
Strawberry treats, homemade BBQ and sides, entertainment, and fun for the kids. Drive thru available. $1 tickets on sale before the event. June 14-15: Fri/Sat, 11 AM to 8 PM. Info: See Web site below or call 317-546-1724. http://www.lawrenceumc.com/
- Caboose Rides at the Indiana Transportation Museum.
Train rides from Forest Park to the Courthouse in Noblesville and back. Six departures from the park, 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM; six returns from the courthouse, 11:50 AM to 3:50 PM. $5. Info: See Web site below or call 317-773-6000. http://www.itm.org/Jeffersonian.php
- ‘Tee Up to Cure Diabetes’ at Ben and Ari’s.
Enjoy two slices of pizza, a soft drink, and unlimited miniature golf for $10 ($30 family of four). Proceeds benefit the American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. 12-5 PM. Info: See Web site below or call 317-536-2962. http://www.facebook.com/events/339560462820130/permalink/389691247807051/
- Take a Tour of the Indiana Landmarks Center.
Tour the former Central Ave. Methodist Church and learn the building’s history and endangered status before a multi-million dollar restoration totally transformed it. May 3 to Oct. 26: Fri/Sat at 12 PM. Info: 317-636-5409. http://www.indianalandmarks.org/
- Featuring a live music performance by 3 to 1 Band, 2-5 PM. The summer music series is every Saturday, May 18 to Sept. 28, 2-5 PM. Free live music and weekly wine specials. Info: See Web site below or call 317-636-4516. http://www.easleywinery.com/
- Brew Bracket Tasting Tournament at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
A beer tasting event featuring 16 of Indiana’s finest pale ales. Visit a station, taste two beers, vote for your favorite. 15 rounds. 3-7 PM. $35. Info: See Web site below or call 317-927-7500. http://brewbracket.com/upcoming-events/
- Music Festival at Holy Angels Catholic Church in Indianapolis.
A two-day music festival with music, games, food, kids’ activities, a raffle, and more. June 14-15: Fri 5-10 PM, Sat 3-10 PM. Info: See Web site below or call 317-926-3324. http://www.holyangelsindy.org/
- Yellow Rose Carriage Tours in Downtown Indianapolis.
Horse-drawn carriage rides (1-4 passengers) are available Mon-Thu 6-11 PM, Fri 6 PM to 12 AM, Sat 4 PM to 12 AM, Sun 4-11 PM. Tour length and pricing varies. Info: 317-634-3400. http://www.indycarriage.com/
- Parish Festival at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Indianapolis.
Summer festival with good food, trash-to-treasures sale, games and more. June 13-15: Thu-Sat, 4 PM to close each day. Info: See Web site below or call 317-636-4828. http://www.stanthonyindy.catholicweb.com/
- Blue Ribbon Carriage Tours in Downtown Indianapolis.
Horse-drawn carriage rides (1-4 passengers) are available Mon-Thu 6-11 PM, Fri 6 PM to 12 AM, Sat 4 PM to 1 AM, Sun 1-11 PM. Length of tour and pricing varies. Info: See Web site or call 317-631-4169. http://www.blueribboncarriages.com/
- Pizza and Wine Night at Mallow Run Winery.
Bring lawn chairs and picnic blankets and enjoy pizza by the slice with your favorite wine while listening to live local music by The Richmonds. 5-8 PM. Free admission. Info: See Web site below or call 317-422-1556. http://www.mallowrun.com/
- Parish Festival at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church.
A three-day festival with carnival rides, good food, live music, games and more. June 13-15: Thu 5-10, Fri 5-11, Sat 5 PM to midnight. Info: See Web site below or call 317-787-8246. http://www.stmarkindy.org/
- Chow Down Midtown Dining Event in Indianapolis.
30+ Indy restaurants offer 3-course meals for $30 and other special dining options. June 10-23. Reservations may be required at some locations; verify with venue. Info: See Web site or call 317-673-4211. http://www.chowdownmidtown.com/
- Italian Street Festival at Holy Rosary Church.
A two-day festival celebrating the city’s Italian heritage with authentic Italian food, amusement rides, live music, a bocce tournament, food contest, and so much more. June 14-15: Fri/Sat, 5-11 PM. Info: 317-974-5077. http://www.facebook.com/italianstreetfestival
- St. Bernadette Parish Festival in Indianapolis.
Games, carnival rides, yard sale, good food, and more. June 13-15: Thu 5-11 PM, Fri/Sat 5 PM to midnight. Free admission. Info: See Web site below or call 317-356-5867. http://www.stb-indy.org/
- International Festival at St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church.
A two-day festival with carnival rides, good food, games, and more. June 14-15: Fri 5 PM to midnight, Sat 3 PM to midnight. Info: See Web site below or call 317-291-7014. http://www.stgabrielindy.org/
- Circle City Derby Girls at The Forum in Fishers.
Doubleheader at 6:00 and 7:45 PM. Doors at 5 PM. $10 advance, $12 door (under 7 free). Info: See Web site below or call 317-849-9920. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/350854
- ‘Mind Tripping’ Comedy Mind Reading Show at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel.
Indy’s own Christian and Katalina present the #1 comedy mind reading act in the nation, most Fridays at 8 PM and Saturdays at 8:30 PM. Ages 12+ only. $20-35. Info: See Web site below or call 317-691-6399. http://www.mindtrippingshow.com/
- Historic Underground Railroad Ghost Walk in Westfield.
Hear stories of ghosts of the Underground Railroad mixed with modern-day gangsters and spirits from Westfield’s haunted history. Apr. 13, May 18, July 20, Aug. 10. Reservations required. $18 ($13 seniors and children). Info: 317-840-6456. http://www.unseenpress.com/
Drink plenty of water this weekend to keep hydrated and as always be safe.
Thanks to aroundindy.com