1. Beach picnic – Fill your beach bag with buckets, toys, sunscreen and towels and head over to the beach to float in the warm water and relax in the rays of the summer sun.
2. Backyard Party – Get all of your friends together for a summer-themed soiree in your backyard. Pick a signature cocktail fit for the season, such as Jamaican Breezes or Blue Hawaiians, and decorate your backyard like an island getaway with tiki torches, leis and other tropical touches.
3. Family BBQ – Fire up the grill and feed your kids, parents, siblings and cousins familiar family favorites such as barbecued chicken, hot dogs, burgers, corn on the cob and macaroni salad.
4. Weekend Camping Trip – The nights are going to get chilly soon; sleep under the stars in the warm summertime air with friends and family. Roast s’mores, tell stories around the campfire and revel in the exhilaration of outdoor living.
5. End of Summer Scenic Drive – Take advantage of the last days of lush, green scenery before the leaves start to fall. Bring a picnic basket full of finger foods and a bottle of wine to make it a romantic excursion.
6. State Park Day Trip – Enjoy the scenery, take part in some fun outdoor activities and learn a little about your local culture with a trip to your nearest state park or recreation area. Take a swim in the lake, go horseback riding, stop by the visitor’s center, or simply enjoy the native flora and fauna.
7. Gourmet Cookout – Grilling out can be a 5 star restaurant experience with the right menu. Do some research online at the Epicurious and Food Network websites to find the perfect gourmet cookout recipes, and get yourself a high quality gourmet picnic basket.
8. Fun and Games at the Park – Get some friends and family together and organize a potato sack race, water balloon launch, watermelon eating contest and other great activities for kids of all ages.
9. Family Outing – Take the day to strap the kids into the car and head to their favorite destination, whether it’s the zoo, a water park or the carnival. Their memories of childhood will be forever tied to these kinds of fun, kid-centered activities!
No matter what you choose to do with your Labor Day weekend this year, spend it outdoors with your loved ones! These kinds of activities promote togetherness and a healthy lifestyle, and will create memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.